20 October 21
Cyprus is a modern, cosmopolitan, transparent business centre offering opportunities for investment across a wide range of sectors. This small but dynamic island nation offers not just a plethora of investment opportunities, but also a favourable business environment for your business to thrive. Cyprus lies at the intersection between Africa, Asia and Europe and offers some of the most stunning scenery, sunshine throughout the year, great education and medical infrastructure making it one of the most attractive destinations in the world.
There are innumerable reasons for choosing Cyprus both as a home and as an investment destination:
- One of the fastest growing EU economies
- One of the most advanced and high-income economies of the Southern Europe/MENA region
- Robust GDP Growth
- Positive macroeconomic forecasts
- Sophisticated infrastructure
- Financial and professional services framework for international clients
- Tourism is a key industry
- Low unemployment rates
- Advantageous tax regime – The most competitive tax regime in Europe, as rated by Forbes
- One of the lowest corporate tax rates in the EU at 12.5%
- An attractive Double Tax Treaty network covering more than 60 countries
- Financial benefits:
- New entrepreneurial options
- Dual nationality allows much greater freedom for the holder to open bank accounts abroad, which will facilitate to make and receive payments
- Financial access to the country of the second citizenship
Oil and gas:
- Ideal geographical location
- Crossroads of Europe, the Middle East & Africa
- In the middle of huge hydrocarbon reserves in the Eastern Mediterranean neighbourhood
- Member of the EU with a robust financial centre providing a stable investment environment
- Attention in the oil & gas industry, with gas fields located off the island’s southern coast.
- Bright spot for exploration, with a string of giant gas discoveries in recent years
- Discoveries of hydrocarbons within Cyprus EEZ and the massive discovery of the Zohr gas field in the Egyptian waters (very close to the Cypriot acreages) creates optimism about the future
- Continued discussions and negotiations concerning the infrastructure required for landing the gas in Cyprus and for liquefaction for export
- Exploring all the alternatives for Cyprus gas exports, through collaboration with other countries in the Eastern Mediterranean region.
- Safest country in the world for young people out of 184 countries across the globe (World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Top 5 safest country in the world and one of the safest countries in the world (Value Penguin 2015)
- Great place to raise children. It is possible for children to play outdoors without their parents having to worry about them, as the overall environment all over the country is generally safe and secure.
- One of the best climates worldwide.
- Enjoys the most sunshine in Europe, with over 340 days of sun annually.
- The climate is typical of the southern Mediterranean with long, hot summer and very mild winters
- Two well-connected airports
- Strong legal and courts system based on English common law
- Top 4 best retirement destination globally
- Most blue flag beaches per capita in the EU
- Network of government-run hospitals along with a number of smaller nursing homes, dispensaries and clinics. The large urban private healthcare sector is primarily dominated by private doctors running their own practices.
- Reputation for good public and private education
- Top three countries in Europe in terms of the amount of GDP it spends on education.
- Spending of more than 7% of its GDP on education, the third-highest share in the European Union after Denmark and Sweden.
- Cyprus universities, colleges, medical schools, engineering schools, and law schools are highly respected and well-known in the education and academic communities, and they continue to offer prestigious Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D programmes
- Extensive system of secondary and higher education. Around 25 000 students studying at the Cypriot universities.
- Several international colleges and universities in Cyprus offer dual degree programs, fully accredited by the UK and USA partner universities
- Cyprus has invested its riches in a high-quality European education system, with affordable university tuition costs and plenty of facilities and benefits